At a glance: MediaMath, an AppsFlyer integrated partner, specializes in programmatic marketing technology, with data management platforms and omnichannel DSPs. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, MediaMath also offers retargeting and view-through attribution, which you can record with AppsFlyer.
Setting up Mediamath
To configure the partner:
- In AppsFlyer, go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- Select the partner.
The partner's configuration window opens.
Enabling Advanced Data Sharing will allow AppsFlyer to send MediaMath the attributed source and referrer data for install postbacks. The ‘CB_AD’ toggle does the same thing for in-app events.
MediaMath's configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle below. ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
As an ALL-Installs network, MediaMath prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. It is recommended to select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to MediaMath.
MediaMath connects with AppsFlyer via unique Advertiser ID and Pixel ID. If you don't already have the Advertiser ID and Pixel ID, you must obtain it from MediaMath to continue with the integration.
Advanced Data Sharing
Toggle this to ON if you want AppsFlyer to send additional information to MediaMath.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from MediaMath. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to MediaMath following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to MediaMath.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to MediaMath.
In-app events settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with MediaMath via postbacks.
- Enter the Advertiser ID again.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK-defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated with your app or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on MediaMath's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from MediaMath and set it in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
Learn more about attribution link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
Cost data is not supported by MediaMath.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue is not supported by MediaMath.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant MediaMath, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency, or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for MediaMath, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to MediaMath.
Ad network permissions
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.