Many brands today operate in an ecosystem that encompasses both web and mobile apps. As an advertiser, you want to get a full picture of your brand's performance for both web and mobile platforms.
AppsFlyer allows you to do this with Brand Bundles. Brand Bundles consolidate the attribution, activity, and revenue data of brand-related apps, web and mobile alike.
You don't have to gather and analyze data the brand's performance separately for web and mobile apps that's what brand bundles does.
Your company manages a service that allows people to book flights and accommodation. Your service runs under a brand that has both a website and mobile apps.
Using Brand Bundles, you eliminate the fragmentation that is often the case in marketing analysis of having multiple platforms.
- You can see if your website performs better than your mobile apps or the other way around.
- You can highlight user journey and funnel to see if your website leads to app installs.
- If an app performs worse than other apps, you can analyze the data to see how your marketing for that app can be improved.
Creating a bundle
To create a Brand Bundle:
- Go to Configuration > Brand Bundles.
- Click Add A New Brand Bundle.
The Create Bundle window opens.
- Complete the fields as follows:
- Brand Bundle Name: Provide a unique name for the bundle.
- Enter your primary domain: The website domain where the web SDK is implemented. The domain is used to prevent the website from being considered a media source (self-attribution).
- Select iOS app.
- Select Android app.
- Click Create Bundle.
A confirmation message displays, containing the web dev key associated with the bundle. The web dev key is required to implement the web SDK. Note: Each bundle has its own unique Brand Bundle key.
The following additional actions are available for brand bundles:
- View the bundle's People Based Analysis page
- Edit Bundle
- Copy Dev Key to the clipboard
- Delete Bundle
In the right-hand side of the bundle, click on the three dots. Choose the action you wish to perform.
Marking events as conversion events
Note: Only account owners can mark events as conversions events.
Some events that you send to AppsFlyer are conversion events. For example, purchase or subscribe events. You can mark these events as conversion events. When you mark events as conversion events, they are considered when evaluating web conversions. You can see web conversions in the PBA analysis dashboard.
To mark events as conversions:
- Go to Dashboard > People Based Analytics, click PBA Settings on the right-hand side.
Events that took place up to yesterday are displayed.
If no events display, wait 24 hours or check that the events are sent. For more information, see here.
- For each event that you want to mark as conversion, enable Mark as conversion event.
- Click Update Bundle.
Marking events as conversion events is not retroactive. Only events sent after you set them as conversion events are counted as such.
How many apps can I include in a bundle?
You can include one iOS app and one Android app.
There is no limitation on web apps since you can implement the web SDK in as many web apps as you need.
Can I include the same app in more than one bundle?
Can I change apps after creating a bundle?
Can team members access brand bundles page?
What happens if I delete a bundle?
If you delete a bundle, AppsFlyer stops attribution for that bundle. The data is retained but you cannot restore the bundle to view the data.
Creating a new bundle with the same apps that the deleted bundle had, is not the same as restoring the bundle. If you create a bundle using the same apps, a new bundle is created and this bundle has a new web dev key.
Likewise, data that is associated with the deleted bundle is not shown in the table of the new bundle.
I'm trying to create a bundle but I cannot add certain apps
The ability to add apps to bundles depends on your account permissions.The account owner determines your level of permissions when he or she adds you as a team member.
If the account owner doesn't grant you permissions to view and edit certain apps, you cannot select them when creating or editing bundles.
If you are the account owner and still cannot select the apps when creating bundles, make sure to add the app to the account.