At a glance: Appnext, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, uses technology and data solutions for premium mobile monetization, app marketing, and re-engagement. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Appnext also offers cost, retargeting and view-through attribution, which you can record with AppsFlyer.
Setting up Appnext
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Appnext" in the search field and click on its logo to open the Appnext configuration window.
Appnext's configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle. ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle must be set to ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
General settingsEnable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Appnext. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Appnext following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Note: for installs, you can select either Only events attributed to this partner (for events coming only from users attributed to Appnext), or Events attributed to any partner or organic (for events coming from all partners). For rejected installs and re-engagements, Only events attributed to this partner can be sent via a postback.
As an ALL-Installs network, Appnext prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. It is recommended to select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to Appnext.
In-app events settings
In this section, you can map your AppsFlyer events with Appnext via postbacks.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON.
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK-defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list.
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server-to-server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Appnext's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Appnext and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
Generate and save attribution links and send them to the partner for attributing specific campaigns, ad sets, or single ads - both for UA and retargeting campaigns. You can use either a single-platform link or a OneLink.
Learn more about attribution link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
Appnext automatically sends CPI cost data on the attribution link for all installs.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue integration is not available for this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Appnext. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Appnext, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Appnext.
Ad network permissions
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Use these toggles to give the agency permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Main toggle - Set to ON to reveal the agency permissions options
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the agency's own retention data
- Allow access to aggregate organic data
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the agency to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
Learn more about granting agency permissions.