At a glance: Appodeal, an AppsFlyer integrated partner, provides app owners with click attribution and an all-in-one ad monetization solution. Ad revenue is reported with user-level granularity.
Setting up Appodeal integration
AppsFlyer integration with Appodeal supports click attribution and user-level ad revenue attribution.
The setup is done from the Integrated Partners page, but to find the partner you must first go to the marketplace.
Before setting up an integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
To activate the integration:
- Go to the Marketplace: From the top menu of any AppsFlyer page, click Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the integration setup page.
- In the Integration tab, turn on Activate partner.
Note: The toggle must stay on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described below.
Update setting tab content as required: Integration, Attribution link, and Ad revenue.
Configure this section if Appodeal provides ad network advertising services.
To enable the integration:
- Enable Activate Partner.
- Click Save Integration.
Generate click attribution links (for use by Appodeal) via this tab. More about link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link:
- Select a parameter from the Parameter name drop-down list and set a value.
- Click Add parameter and repeat the above step to add more parameters.
- Set the duration of the click-through lookback window.
- Copy the click-attribution link and send it to the ad network.
Note: AppsFlyer does not save links.
Attribution link and lookback window
|Attribution link type||Link activation||Lookback window|
|Click||A user clicks on an ad served by the ad network||
The Click-through lookback window is preset; it is the maximum allowed time from click to install.
Example: An install (first launch) made after the click—but before the expiry of the lookback window—is attributed to Appodeal.
Parameter name: af_click_lookback
Typical link parameters
|Campaign||c||Name of the campaign|
|Adset||af_adset||Use to differentiate add sets.|
|Ad name||af_ad||Use to differentiate between creatives within the add set.|
Use to attribute installs to specific publishers.
Good practice! If there are multiple publishers,
|Subscriber parameters||af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, and af_sub5||
Use to insert values.
Appodeal sends CPI cost data via the attribution link.
No permissions need to be set for Appodeal.