At a glance: Appodeal, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, provides app owners with click attribution and an all-in-one ad monetization solution. Ad revenue is reported with user-level granularity.
Setting up Appodeal integration
AppsFlyer integration with Appodeal supports click attribution and user-level ad revenue attribution.
Advertisers set up Appodeal using the Dashboard.
To access Appodeal settings:
- Go to Configuration > Integrated partners.
- Search for and select Appodeal.
- Update settings (per tab) as required. See the following section.
Update setting tab content as required: Integration, Attribution link, and Ad revenue.
Configure this section if Appodeal provides ad network advertising services.
To enable the integration:
- Enable Activate Partner.
- Click Save Integration.
Generate click attribution links (for use by Appodeal) via this tab. More about link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link:
- Select a parameter from the Parameter name drop-down list and set a value.
- Click Add parameter and repeat the above step to add more parameters.
- Set the duration of the click-through lookback window.
- Copy the click-attribution link and send it to the ad network.
Note: AppsFlyer does not save links.
Attribution link and lookback window
|Attribution link type||Link activation||Lookback window|
|Click||A user clicks on an ad served by the ad network||
Click-through lookback window is preset; it is the maximum allowed time from click to install.
Example: An install (first launch) made after the click—but before the expiry of the lookback window—is attributed to Appodeal.
Parameter name: af_click_lookback
Typical link parameters
|Campaign||c||Name of the campaign|
|Adset||af_adset||Use to differentiate add sets.|
|Ad name||af_ad||Use to differentiate between creatives within the add set.|
Use to attribute installs to specific publishers.
Good practice! If there are multiple publishers,
|Subscriber parameters||af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, and af_sub5||
Use to insert values.
Appodeal sends CPI cost data via the attribution link.
- Appodeal provides ad revenue mediation with user-level granularity.
- Learn more about AppsFlyer ad revenue attribution.
Before you start:
Contact Appodeal to get these credentials:
- Application key
- API key
- User ID
To enable user-level ad revenue attribution with Appodeal:
- Go to the Ad revenue tab.
- Enable Get ad revenue data.
- Complete the credential fields.
- Click Save Ad revenue.
- Click Test Connection.
- Do one of the following:
No permissions need to be set for Appodeal.