At a glance: Enable Google Ads postback partners to help run your Google Ads campaigns.
Some partners (for example, Bidalgo, Adquant), referred to as Google Ads postback partners, are similar to agencies. They help their advertiser clients run Google Ads campaigns, but require getting postbacks for Google Ads conversions.
These Google Ads Postback Partners (GAPPs) can also collect postbacks for Google Ads installs acquired by the advertiser directly, or even by other agencies (see Use Cases). Using the postbacks information the GAPPs are able to optimize on Google Ads campaigns for the app.
Google Ads Postback Partners are NOT attributed with installs or events in AppsFlyer.
The advertiser needs an active Google Ads account set up in AppsFlyer, and also to set up the specific GAPP in AppsFlyer to enable sending postbacks to it.
Other GAPPs integrated with AppsFlyer: Blackbox, Appreciate, Marin Software, Miramedia, Mpbisummer, Protonads, Springrain.
Google Ads postback partner setup
1. Click Integrated Partners from the left sidebar
2. Type the name of the GAPP you would like to work with into the search box and select it from the dropdown list.
Enter "Google Ads" in the search box and press Enter to receive the list of GAPPs.
3. Click on the required GAPP to open its integration setup.
4. In your Google Ads account, copy the Customer ID (without hyphens):
5. Paste the number in the Google Ads Customer ID field.
6. Configure the In-App Events Postback section.
7. Click Save.
- Disabling attribution for Google Ads also stops sending postbacks to GAPPs.
- You can configure multiple Ads accounts (CID) to send postbacks (step 5) by separating each CID with a comma.
- To work with multiple GAPPs, the campaigns for each GAPP should be run from separate google accounts. If you switch from one GAPP to another, make sure to disable the first GAPPs setup in AppsFlyer.
Google Ads postback partners use cases
An advertiser and an agency are both running Google Ads campaigns, the advertiser wants only its traffic to be sent to GAPP X.
- Advertiser configures Google Ads
- Agency configures Google Ads (just for their traffic to be attributed to them as an agency)
- Advertiser configures GAPP X - Google Ads
The advertiser must enter ONLY its CIDs in the GAPP X - Google Ads configuration.
An advertiser and agency are running Google Ads campaigns, both the advertiser and agency want their traffic to be sent to GAPP X.
- Advertiser configures Google Ads
- Agency configures Google Ads
- Advertiser configures GAPP X - Google Ads for their CIDs
- Agency configures GAPP X - Google Ads for their CIDs
Notice that these must be different CIDs between the advertiser and agency.
Available parameters for GAPPs
The contents of the postbacks depend on the initial integration of the GAPPs with AppsFlyer and are unrelated to any advertiser configuration. Therefore, any two GAPPs may have differently defined postback parameters.
ad_type are parameters, which may or may not exist in any GAPP's postback.
There are two sources for GAPP postback parameters:
- AppsFlyer macros - for details of all the macros available on AppsFlyer's postbacks, click here.
- Google Response - with every install attributed to Google Ads, AppsFlyer receives relevant information from Google. The following are available parameters on GAPPs postbacks, as received by AppsFlyer from Google Ads (for detailed parameter descriptions, click here)
- Ad Events ID
- Campaign ID
- Campaign Name
- Campaign Type
- External Customer ID (CID)
- Network Type
- Network Sub Type
- Video ID
- Ad Group ID
- Creative ID
- Match Type
- Interaction Type
- Ad Type
- Conversion Metric
The information available is based solely on the information sent by Google to AppsFlyer. If, for some reason, Google does not send an install's information, AppsFlyer can't pass it on to the GAPP.