Bytedance Ads - China Traffic, an AppsFlyer integrated partner, is an Internet technology company operating several machine learning-enabled content platforms.
If you want to promote your Android Apps with Bytedance Ads - China Traffic, you are required to send your IMEI to AppsFlyer SDK according to the instructions in the AppsFlyer SDK Integration - Android. Google Play service is blocked in China, IMEI is the most popular Android Device ID for ad attribution.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Bytedance Ads - China Traffic also offers view-through attribution, which you can record with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with Bytedance Ads - China Traffic, follow the steps below.
Setting up Bytedance Ads - China traffic
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Bytedance" in the search field and click on the logo next to Bytedance Ads - China Traffic to open Bytedance's configuration window.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Bytedance. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Bytedance following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
In-app events settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with Bytedance via postbacks.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Bytedance accepts only 3 types of events:
|Partner Event Identifier||
The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Bytedance's side. Use the following values:
If you are not sure which event type you should use, get in touch with your assigned point of contact at Bytedance.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Bytedance.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Bytedance campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Bytedance.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Bytedance.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Bytedance to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
Once you have generated the attribution link, complete the campaign setup process on Bytedance's site.
1. Create Conversion Rule in Bytedance Ads
Login to Bytedance Ads (https://ad.toutiao.com/) <> Tool Box > Click Conversion
Click to create a new conversion.
Select the Conversion Source: App Install
To define the conversion name, go to App Download Link (iTunes page/ Android App download page) >> Enter AppsFlyer Attribution Link.
2. Process the Install Test
Click Start Test
Click Next Step.
If you receive the below notification, change a test device and repeat last step.
When you see the page shown below, go to Open 今日头条 App >> Find the testing ad in the news feed >> Click the Ad >> Download and open the App
When you finish the steps above, you are directed to the next page automatically.
Wait for the progress bar to be 100% completed and click Next Step.
You have now created the successful conversion.
Click Confirm to complete the test.
3. Create an Ad Campaign with the Newly Created Conversion
Go to New Ad >> Set Budget and Bid select the conversion you created for this app.
4. Send In-App events to Bytedance
Enter Bytedance (Toutiao) Configuration >> In-App Events tab, select register and(or) purchase event to postback, and save your setting.
Register-------- populate “1”
On the Bytedance Ads dashboard, you can choose register or purchase event as the conversion type:
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Bytedance, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Attribution link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to Bytedance to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue data is not supported by this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Bytedance, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Bytedance, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Bytedance.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad network permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.