At a glance: Amazon DSP (amazondsp_int), an AppsFlyer integrated partner, provides app owners the ability to measure click and view-based attribution with AppsFlyer for TV, tablet, and mobile devices.
Prerequisite: Before setting up the integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
The setup is done from the Active Integrations page, but to find the new partner, you must first go to the Marketplace, as described below.
To activate the partner integration:
- In AppsFlyer, go to Configuration > Partner Marketplace.
- Search for the new partner integration and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the Active Integrations setup page.
- In the Integration tab, turn on Activate partner.
Note: The toggle must stay on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described in the next section.
Setting up Amazon DSP integration
The integration with Amazon DSP supports click and impression attribution. The configuration window includes the following tabs: Integration, Attribution link, Cost, Ad revenue, and Permissions. The available tabs for Amazon DSP are Integration and Permissions.
- Some settings differ for iOS and Android devices
- Learn more about setting up partner integrations
The Integration tab includes a number of sections, as described below.
For iOS apps only: Your control over data shared with the partner via postbacks and reports depends on the Advanced Privacy (for iOS 14.5+ and later) toggle state:
|Advanced Privacy: On||Advanced Privacy: Off|
Postbacks are sent only for events attributed to the partner
Postbacks are sent according to your configuration:
Postbacks are sent according to the Advanced Privacy template
Aggregated and anonymous data is shared with the partner, meaning no user-level data (device ID) is shared.
Amazon product ID
This is a unique key generated by the Amazon Account Manager and provided to the advertiser for Amazon DSP apps. The Amazon product ID is required for completing the integration and allowing attribution to Amazon DSP.
Configure how to send postbacks for installs:
- This partner only: Send postbacks only when the event is attributed to this partner—meaning, the user who performed it came from this partner.
- All media sources including organic: Send postbacks for events attributed to any partner and for organic events—meaning, when the user who performed it came from any media source.
Set click-through and view-through attribution windows for installs (first launches). Note that only installs within the lookback window may be attributed to Amazon DSP.
- Set the Install click-through lookback window to either 1-23 hours or 1-30 days.
Note: Amazon DSP recommends setting the click-through lookback window to 14 days, to align with their attribution window.
- [Optional] Turn on Install view-through attribution and set the Install view-through attribution window to 1-24 hours.
In-app event postbacks
Configure mapping of in-app events with Amazon DSP events, sent via postbacks.
Postbacks are shared via Data Locker in an hourly report, not in real time.
To configure in-app event postbacks:
- Turn on In-app event postbacks.
- Click Add event to add an SDK or server-to-server event to the list. The following table describes the fields to complete:
Parameter name Description AppsFlyer event
The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated into your app or from server-to-server events.
Tip: Don't see the event you are looking for?
- Make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation, and recheck.
- Type it in AppsFlyer event, then click Create custom. Read more about custom event mapping.
mapped to partner event
The unique name or ID of each event, as defined on the partner's side. Possible mapping configurations are:
- Text field: Get the corresponding event ID from the partner.
- Drop-down box: Select the most suitable pre-defined AppsFlyer event.
- As is: Send the events as they are, without name mapping.
for users from
Select the sending option for the event:
- This partner only: Send postbacks only when this event is attributed to this partner.
- All media sources including organic: Send postbacks for events attributed to any partner, as well as organic events.
- No data (default): Send only the event itself without any event values.
- Values and revenue: Send all the event parameters, including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
- Values without revenue: Send all the parameters excluding the revenue value.
- [Optional] Click the Add conditionicon to set conditions for an event.
- Click Save integration.
- [Optional]After saving the integration, while remaining on the configuration page, you can integrate more of your apps with the partner:
- From the top-left corner, under the partner name, click the app name to open the list of apps.
- Select a different app from the drop-down list.
- Repeat the integration steps for the selected app.
Attribution link tab
Attribution links aren't relevant for Amazon DSP. Attribution is performed by combining engagement data from Amazon DSP with data from AppsFlyer, using the click-through and view-through lookback windows configured in the Integration tab.
Cost data isn't available for Amazon DSP.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue isn't available for Amazon DSP.