At a glance: InMobi, an AppsFlyer integrated ad network partner, enables consumers to discover new products and services through contextual and curated recommendations on mobile devices. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Inmobi also offers cost, retargeting and view-through attribution, which you can record with AppsFlyer.
Setting up InMobi
The setup is done from the partner integration setup page, but to find the partner you must first go to the marketplace.
Before setting up an integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
To activate the integration:
- Go to the Marketplace: From the top menu of any AppsFlyer page, click Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the integration setup page.
- In the Integration tab, turn on Activate partner.
Note: The toggle must stay on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described below.
Inmobi's configuration window includes 4 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link, Cost, and Permissions. Click on the following items to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
As an ALL-Installs network, Inmobi prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. To do so, select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to InMobi.
Inmobi connects with AppsFlyer via a unique network ID. If you don't already have the Network ID, you must obtain it from Inmobi to continue with the integration.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Inmobi. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
Send automatic postbacks to Inmobi following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to InMobi.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to InMobi.
In-app events settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with InMobi via postbacks.
- Set the Inmobi gpm_id again here.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON.
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK-defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner.
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner.
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list.
- Fill in the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated into your app or from server-to-server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event, as defined on InMobi's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from InMobi and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - Send all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - Send all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with InMobi.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific InMobi campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Inmobi.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
When enabled, AppsFlyer recognizes a link as a retargeting attribution link, rather than a user acquisition link, by adding the
&is_retargeting=true to the click recording link. Note that retargeting is currently only supported for click-through and not view-through attribution.
Attribution link parameter: is_retargeting.
The following setup below is displayed when retargeting is enabled.
1. Standard Link vs. OneLink
Select standard attribution link option if:
- You don't need to deep link with the URL or
- Plan to use only URI schemes for deep linking
select Use OneLink for:
- Using a single link for both Android and iOS apps or
- Deep linking using Universal or app links
Note that selecting OneLink changes the click recording link from app specific to a OneLink URL.
2. Deep Link URL
Use this field if the link is meant to deep link users to any specific activity within your app.
Attribution link parameter: af_dp
You can find more information about AppsFlyer's deep linking solution in this guide.
3. Re-engagement Window
Set the time period following the re-engagement, where the user's in-app events are attributed to the retargeting media source. You can set the value in days (1-90), hours (up to 23), or even lifetime.
Attribution link parameter: af_reengagement_window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Inmobi.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Inmobi to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Inmobi, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Attribution link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to InMobi to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an ROI360 subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue data is not supported by this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant to InMobi, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for InMobi, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to the partner.
Ad network permissions
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app-event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Use these toggles to give the agency permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Main toggle - Set to On to reveal the agency permissions options
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the agency's own retention data
- Allow access to aggregate organic data
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the agency to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
Learn more about granting agency permissions.