Tapjoy, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, is an advertising and app monetization platform.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Tapjoy also offers view-through attribution, which you can record with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with Tapjoy, follow the steps below.
Setting up Tapjoy
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Tapjoy" in the search field and click on its logo to open Tapjoy's configuration window.
Tapjoy's configuration window includes 4 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link, Cost, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
As an ALL-Installs network, Tapjoy prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. It is recommended to select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to Tapjoy.
Tapjoy connects with AppsFlyer via a unique network ID. If you don't already have the app ID, you must obtain it from Tapjoy to continue with the integration.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Tapjoy. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Tapjoy following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to Tapjoy.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to Tapjoy.
In-app events settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with Tapjoy via postbacks.
As part of its integration with AppsFlyer, this network receives notifications about every app launch. Therefore, the
af_app_opened event is not enabled, and not required, for this network.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Fill in the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Tapjoy's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Tapjoy and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
In this tab, you can create the attribution links you want to send to Tapjoy for attributing Tapjoy's campaigns, ad sets or even single ads. Note that AppsFlyer DOES NOT save your generated partner's attribution links.
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Tapjoy.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Tapjoy campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Tapjoy.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Tapjoy.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Tapjoy to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Tapjoy, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Attribution link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to Tapjoy to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
Note: TapJoy doesn't report Offerwall impressions to AppsFlyer. So installs following Offerwall impressions are not counted in AppsFlyer. To learn more about Offerwall impressions, see here.
This tab allows you to enrich your Tapjoy attribution data with the relevant cost data.
Before you enable cost data integration with TapJoy, make sure to get your TapJoy Marketing API Key.
Enabling and testing tapjoy cost integration
- Go to the Cost tab.
- Enter your TapJoy Marketing API Key
- Click on Test Connection
- If the API Key is valid, you should see the message "API Key Verified"
- If the API Key is invalid, you should see the message "Invalid Credentials" - make sure that you are using the correct API Key
- If the cost endpoint is down or there is some network issue, you should see the message "Something went wrong, please try again later"
- If the API Key is valid, Click Save Cost.
Cost data sync status
The cost tab shows the status of your cost integration and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data.
The table below describes five different status messages, and what to do if you see them in the cost tab.
|Status Message||Description||What to Do|
|Partner API is responding and returning data.||
With sync message:
Cost Data was never successfully pulled
One of the following is possible:
No Matching Data
AppsFlyer queries this app's active campaigns with the Partner API, but the partner API isn't returning any data for these campaigns.
This might happen if you change the campaign ID while it is still running.
If you rely on cost data, do not change the IDs of campaigns while they are still active and running.
Also, make sure you entered the API credentials for the correct app, and that the network is passing the correct campaign IDs on the attribution link.
Partner API is not responding
The ad network cost data API is either down or experiencing issues.
Wait for the network API to become responsive.
|Cost API credentials are incorrect. AppsFlyer in unable to pull cost data.||
Make sure that the cost API key is correct.
Last successful data pull
The cost tab shows the last time cost data has been pulled yet. If cost data has never been pulled, the sync message shows Cost Data was never successfully pulled.
Scenario 1: Stopped campaigns
AppsFlyer pulls cost for several campaigns that you run with ad network A. You look in the cost tab and you see the message Last successful sync 2 hours ago. The same day you stop running campaigns with ad network A. Two weeks later, you look in the cost tab of ad network A. You then see the message Last successful sync 14 days ago.
Scenario 2: Ad network API issues
AppsFlyer pulls cost for several campaigns that you run with ad network B. You look in the cost tab and you see the message Last successful sync 2 hours ago. Ad network B then experiences issues with their API. It takes them a few hours to fix it. When you look in the cost tab you see the message Last successful sync 8 hours ago.
For the full list of partners supporting cost data, click here.
- If cost macros are being passed on the attribution link, the API integration cannot be enabled. Enabling the cost API integration while cost macros exist on the attribution link may cause duplicate cost reporting. Please contact your TapJoy Account Manager and your AppsFlyer CSM to remove all cost macros from the existing attribution links.
- Once you set TapJoy's cost do not change the name of any running campaign, ad set or single ad, nor use dynamic macros with the campaign name parameter, as they may cause serious discrepancies or missing cost data.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue data is not supported by this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Tapjoy, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Tapjoy, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Tapjoy.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:Ad Network Permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.