Vungle, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, is an in-app video advertising platform for performance marketers.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Vungle also offers cost and view-through attribution, which you can track with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with Vungle, follow the steps below.
Setting Up Vungle
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Vungle" in the search field and click on its logo to open Vungle's configuration window.
Vungle's configuration window includes 4 tabs: Integration, Tracking link, Data enrichment and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
As an ALL-Installs network, Vungle prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. It is recommended to select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to Vungle.
Vungle connects with AppsFlyer via a unique network ID. If you don't already have the Network ID, you must obtain it from Vungle to continue with the integration.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Vungle. The view-through lookback slider is available on the tracking link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Vungle following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to Vungle.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to Vungle.
In-App Events Settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with Vungle via postbacks.
- Set the Vungle app_id again here
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Fill in the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Vungle's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Vungle and set in the text field.
When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Tracking Link Tab
For all SRNs, such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Snapchat etc. this tab is not functional, as they do not use external tracking links.
This tab is divided into different sections:
Tracking Link Parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the tracking link.
Adding parameters to the tracking link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the tracking link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Vungle.
Tracking link parameter: c
Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Vungle campaigns.
Tracking link parameter: af_adset
Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Vungle.
Tracking link parameter: af_ad
Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Tracking link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Tracking link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the tracking link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Tracking Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Vungle.
Tracking link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click Tracking Link
This is the tracking link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Vungle to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-Through Attribution Lookback Window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Vungle, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Tracking link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions Tracking Link
The impression tracking link contains similar attribution data to the click tracking link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to Vungle to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
Data Enrichment Tab
Vungle automatically sends CPI cost data on the tracking link for all installs.
This section is relevant only if you are acting as a publisher, displaying Vungle ads to your users. As such, you would certainly like to measure the engagement of your users acquired from different sources, to find the most profitable sources for you.
Set the Get Ad Revenue Data toggle to display Vungle's required setup for revenue data.
1. Enter the Secret Key. The Credential API key for pulling the in-app advertising revenue data from Vungle
2. Enter the App ID, as found in your Vungle account.
3. Select the Event Source. An existing in-app event associated to the ad revenue action
4. Select the Ad Revenue Event. This field is auto-populated with the ad revenue event. Generated by the system internally with calculated revenue
To learn more about ad revenue (AKA Ad monetization) tracking go here.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Vungle, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Vungle, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Vungle.
Ad Network Permissions
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Use these toggles to give the agency permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Main toggle - Set to On to reveal the agency permissions options
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the agency to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the agency's own retention data
Learn more about granting agency permissions.