At a glance: Vungle, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, offers an in-app video advertising platform for performance marketers. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Vungle offers cost and view-through attribution, which can be recorded with AppsFlyer.
Setting up Vungle
The setup is done from the Integrated Partners page, but to find the partner you must first go to the marketplace.
Before setting up an integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
To activate the integration:
- Go to the Marketplace: From the top menu of any AppsFlyer page, click Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the integration setup page.
- In the Integration tab, turn on Activate partner.
Note: The toggle must stay on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described below.
Learn more about:
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
The Integration tab is divided into different sections as described below.
Connect to Vungle by activating and setting parameters in the integration tab. Vungle must supply its unique network ID, app_id; this is necessary in order to connect with AppsFlyer.
As an all-installs network, Vungle prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from any source, and they recommend selecting All media sources, including organic to send all install postbacks to Vungle.
To configure the integration:
- Enable Activate partner. See more information about partner activation.
- Under General settings enable/disable View-through attribution:
- [Default] Enable: Activate to attribute view-through installs to Vungle. The length of the lookback window is configured in the Attribution link tab.
- Disable: View-through installs from the partner are not attributed.
Default postbacks: Send postbacks to Vungle after user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define users who are the source of these postbacks. Under Sending Option,
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events attributed to Vungle users.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to make your entire user available for reporting to Vungle.
- In-app events settings: To send postbacks to Vungle, map in-app event IDs to Vungle's. Configure the parameters as follows:
- Enter the Vungle app_id.
- Enable In-app events postbacks.
- Select a Sending Option.
- Click Add event to add an SDK event to the list. Complete the parameters as described in the following table.
|SDK event name||
Event name received by AppsFlyer from:
Tip: If a needed event isn't in the list, perform a non-organic installation on a device, then check again.
|Partner event identifier||
Unique event name or ID as defined by Vungle.
Get from Vungleevent ID corresponding to your SDK event and insert it in the text field.
[Default] Not enabled: sends all the in-app parameters to Vungle, except for the revenue parameter (
Enabled: sends all the in-app parameters including, when available, the revenue amount.
Attribution link tab
Learn more about attribution link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
Ad revenue tab
This section is relevant if you are acting as a publisher, displaying ads of the partner to your users. As such, you would certainly like to measure the engagement of your users acquired from different sources, to find the most profitable sources for you.
To enable the ad revenue API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
You can give Vungle permission to view information or configure changes in the integration. The type of permission varies according to the business relationship (ad network/ad agency) you have with Vungle.
Note: It is possible to give Vungle permissions even if there is no active integration with them.
Ad network permissions
To enable ad-network permissions:
- Enable Ad network permissions.
- Give Vungle team members access to one or more of the following:
|Allow to configure integration||Set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks).|
|Allow to configure in-app event postbacks||Set up in-app event postbacks that are mapped to integration tab.|
|Allow access to your retention report||Partner's retention data|
|Allow access to your aggregate loyal users data||Partner's loyal-user data|
|Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data||Partner's in-app events data|
|Allow access to your aggregate revenue data||Revenue data attributed to the partner.|
|Allow spend ingestion|
|Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard||[If enabled] Partner's Protect360 data|
Learn more about giving ad network permissions.
You can allow Vungle to configure your app as an agency.
To enable agency permissions:
- Enable Agency permissions.
- Give Vungle agency access to one or more of the following:
|Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard||[If enabled for your account] Agency's Protect360 data|
|Allow access to your retention and cohort reports||Agency's retention and cohort data|
Allow access to aggregate organic data
|Agency's aggregate organic data|
|Allow to configure in-app event postbacks||Set up in-app event postbacks that are mapped to the integration tab.|
Learn more about granting agency permissions.