At a glance: Vungle, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, offers an in-app video advertising platform for performance marketers. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Vungle offers cost and view-through attribution, which can be recorded with AppsFlyer.
Vungle integration in AppsFlyer
To configure the partner integration:
- Go to Configuration > Integrated Partner.
- In the list of integrated partners, search for Vungle.
- Click Vungle to open the configuration page.
- Set tabs as needed:
- [Mandatory] Integration: Configure the integration (connection) between Vungle and AppsFlyer.
- Attribution link: Generate attribution links to be used with ads on Vungle.
- Ad revenue is not active for this partner.
- Permissions: Grant permissions to Vungle to view and manage your data in AppsFlyer.
Note: You can grant permissions without the need to complete the Integration tab.
Read more about how to set up the Partner Configuration Window Header.
The following sections explain how to configure each tab.
Connect to Vungle by activating and setting parameters in the integration tab. Vungle must supply its unique network ID, app_id; this is necessary in order to connect with AppsFlyer.
Vungle is an ALL-installs network; they want postbacks for all new app installs, from all sources (including organic). To send all install postbacks to Vungle, select Events attributed to any partner.
To configure the integration:
- Enable Activate partner. See more information about partner activation.
- Under General settings enable/disable View-through attribution:
- [Default] Enable: Activate to attribute view-through installs to Vungle. The length of the lookback window is configured in the Attribution link tab.
- Disable: View-through installs from the partner are not attributed.
Default postbacks: AppsFlyer sends postbacks to Vungle after user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define users who are the source of these postbacks. Under Sending Option,
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events attributed to Vungle users.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to make your entire user available for reporting to Vungle.
- In-app events settings: To send postbacks to Vungle, map in-app event IDs to Vungle's. Configure the parameters as follows:
- Enter the Vungle app_id.
- Enable In-app events postbacks.
- Select a Sending Option.
- Click Add event to add an SDK event to the list. Complete the parameters as described in the following table.
|SDK event name||
Event name received by AppsFlyer from:
Tip: If a needed event isn't in the list, perform a non-organic installation on a device, then check again.
|Partner event identifier||
Unique event name or ID as defined by Vungle.
Get from Vungleevent ID corresponding to your SDK event and insert it in the text field.
[Default] Not enabled: AppsFlyer sends all the in-app parameters to Vungle, except for the revenue parameter (
Enabled: AppsFlyer sends all the in-app parameters including, when available, the revenue amount.
Learn more about attribution link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
This section is relevant if you are acting as a publisher, displaying ads of the partner to your users. As such, you would certainly like to measure the engagement of your users acquired from different sources, to find the most profitable sources for you.
To enable the ad revenue API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
You can give Vungle permission to view information or configure changes in the integration. The type of permission varies according to the business relationship (ad network/ad agency) you have with Vungle.
Note: It is possible to give Vungle permissions even if there is no active integration with them.
Ad network permissions
To enable ad-network permissions:
- Enable Ad network permissions.
- Give Vungle team members access to one or more of the following:
|Allow to configure integration||Set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks).|
|Allow to configure in-app event postbacks||Set up in-app event postbacks that are mapped to integration tab.|
|Allow access to your retention report||Partner's retention data|
|Allow access to your aggregate loyal users data||Partner's loyal-user data|
|Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data||Partner's in-app events data|
|Allow access to your aggregate revenue data||Revenue data attributed to the partner.|
|Allow spend ingestion|
|Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard||[If enabled] Partner's Protect360 data|
Learn more about giving ad network permissions.
You can allow Vungle to configure your app as an agency.
To enable agency permissions:
- Enable Agency permissions.
- Give Vungle agency access to one or more of the following:
|Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard||[If enabled for your account] Agency's Protect360 data|
|Allow access to your retention and cohort reports||Agency's retention and cohort data|
Allow access to aggregate organic data
|Agency's aggregate organic data|
|Allow to configure in-app event postbacks||Set up in-app event postbacks that are mapped to the integration tab.|
Learn more about granting agency permissions.