Fyber, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, is developing a next-generation monetization platform for mobile publishers.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Fyber also offers cost and view-through attribution, which you can track with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with Fyber, follow the steps below.
Setting Up Fyber
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Fyber" in the search field and click on its logo to open Fyber's configuration window.
Fyber's configuration window includes 4 tabs: Integration, Tracking link, Data enrichment and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
Fyber connects with AppsFlyer via a unique network ID. If you don't already have the Network ID, you must obtain it from Fyber to continue with the integration.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Fyber. The view-through lookback slider is available on the tracking link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Fyber following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to Fyber.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to Fyber.
In-App Events Settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with Fyber via postbacks.
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Fyber's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Fyber and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
- Set the Fyber App ID again here
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Fill in the following parameters:
Tracking Link Tab
For all SRNs, such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Snapchat etc. this tab is not functional, as they do not use external tracking links.
This tab is divided into different sections:
Tracking Link Parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the tracking link.
Adding parameters to the tracking link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the tracking link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Fyber.
Tracking link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Fyber campaigns.
Tracking link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Fyber.
Tracking link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Tracking link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Tracking link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the tracking link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Tracking Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Fyber.
Tracking link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click Tracking Link
This is the tracking link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Fyber to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-Through Attribution Lookback Window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Fyber, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Tracking link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions Tracking Link
The impression tracking link contains similar attribution data to the click tracking link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to Fyber to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
Data Enrichment Tab
Fyber automatically sends CPI cost data on the tracking link for all installs.
For the full list of partners supporting cost data, click here.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Fyber, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Fyber, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Fyber.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad Network Permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Use these toggles to give the agency permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Main toggle - Set to On to reveal the agency permissions options
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the agency to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the agency's own retention data
Learn more about granting agency permissions.