At a glance: MoPub Acquire (formerly Crossinstall-a Twitter company), is an AppsFlyer integrated partner. MoPub Acquire is a mobile-only demand-side platform specializing in playable ads at scale. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, MoPub Acquire also offers cost and view-through attribution, which you can record with AppsFlyer.
Setting up MoPub Acquire
The setup is done from the partner integration setup page, but to find new partners you must first go to the marketplace.
Before setting up an integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
To activate the integration:
- Go to the Marketplace: From the top menu of any AppsFlyer page, click Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the integration setup page.
- In the Integration tab, turn on Activate partner.
Note: The toggle must stay on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described below.
The Integration tab is divided into different sections as described below.
To enable the integration of this partner, turn on Activate partner.
The toggle must be on for as long as you work with the partner. Learn more about partner activation.
Enable View-Through attribution
Turn this on if you want to attribute view-through installs from MoPub Acquire. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
Send automatic postbacks to MoPub Acquire following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to MoPub Acquire.
In-app events settings
In this section, you can map your AppsFlyer events with MoPub Acquire via postbacks.
To configure in-app events postback:
- Turn In-app event postback on.
- Set the In-app event postback window (read more about in-app event postback window configuration).
- Click Add event to add an SDK event to the list.
- Complete the parameters required:
|SDK event name||
The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated with your app or from server-to-server events.
Select the sending option for the event:
Attribution link tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with MoPub Acquire.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific MoPub Acquire campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns MoPub Acquire.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to MoPub Acquire.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to MoPub Acquire to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to MoPub Acquire, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Attribution link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to MoPub Acquire to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched.
Read more about how MoPub Acquire defines clicks and views.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an ROI360 subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue is not supported in the integration with this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant MoPub Acquire. Note that even if attribution is disabled for MoPub Acquire, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to MoPub Acquire. Learn what permission can you give to MoPub Acquire.