LINE Ads Platform, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, launched its advertising service called LINE Ads Platform in June, 2016. It combines a bidding and customized targeting system.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, LINE Ads Platform also offers retargeting attribution, which you can record with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with LINE Ads Platform, follow the steps below.
Setting up Line Ads platform
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "LINE Ads Platform" in the search field and click on its logo to open LINE Ads Platform's configuration window.
LINE Ads Platform's configuration window includes 2 active tabs: Integration and Attribution link. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
As an ALL-Installs network, LINE prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. It is recommended to select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to Pinterest. This can only be performed by the account owner.
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle below. ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
Account ID and App ID
LINE Ads Platform connects with AppsFlyer via a unique LINE_Ad_account_id and LINE_Ad_app_ID. If you don't already have them, you must obtain them from LINE Ads Platform to continue with the integration.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to LINE Ads Platform following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to LINE Ads Platform.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to LINE Ads Platform.
In-app events settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with LINE Ads Platform via postbacks.
- Enter the LINE_Ad_app_ID and LINE_Ad_account_id again.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON.
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- From the dropdown list select an SDK Event Name.
- From the Partner Event Identifier dropdown list, select the corresponding option.
- Click Add Event to add additional Event Names.
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on LINE Ads Platform's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from LINE Ads Platform and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Custom in-app events mapping
AppsFlyer allows you to map any custom in-app event to send to LINE, by using the CUSTOM Partner Event Identifier option.
The event name and the event value (including the event parameters) configured in the SDK are forwarded to LINE, as is.
Attribution link tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with LINE Ads Platform.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific LINE Ads Platform campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns LINE Ads Platform.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
When enabled, AppsFlyer recognizes a link as a retargeting attribution link, rather than a user acquisition link, by adding the
&is_retargeting=true to the click recording link. Note that retargeting is currently only supported for click-through and not view-through attribution.
Attribution link parameter: is_retargeting.
The following setup below is displayed when retargeting is enabled.
1. Standard Link vs. OneLink
Select standard attribution link option if:
- You don't need to deep link with the URL or
- Plan to use only URI schemes for deep linking
select Use OneLink for:
- Using a single link for both Android and iOS apps or
- Deep linking using Universal or app links
Note that selecting OneLink changes the click recording link from app specific to a OneLink URL.
2. Deep Link URL
Use this field if the link is meant to deep link users to any specific activity within your app.
Attribution link parameter: af_dp
You can find more information about AppsFlyer's deep linking solution in this guide.
3. Re-engagement Window
Set the time period following the re-engagement, where the user's in-app events are attributed to the retargeting media source. You can set the value in days (1-90), hours (up to 23), or even lifetime.
Attribution link parameter: af_reengagement_window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to LINE Ads Platform.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to LINE Ads Platform to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
Cost data is not supported by this partner.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue is not supported by this partner.
No permission configurations are available for LINE Ads Platform.