At a glance: Criteo, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, drives growth through machine-learning technology, data and performance at scale, and measurable ROI for its clients. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Criteo also offers retargeting attribution, which you can record with AppsFlyer.
Setting up Criteo
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Criteo" in the search field and click on its logo to open Criteo's configuration window.
Criteo's configuration window includes 4 tabs: Integration, Attribution link, Data enrichment, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
On the first visit, you will need to toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable the setup of integration tab parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
As an ALL-Installs network, Criteo prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. It is recommended to select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to Criteo.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Criteo following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to Criteo.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to Criteo.
In-app events settings
In this section, map your AppsFlyer events with Criteo via postbacks.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON.
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK-defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner.
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner.
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list.
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Criteo's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Criteo and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
Learn more about attribution link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
Cost data via API integration is not available from this partner.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue integration is not available for Criteo.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Criteo, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency, or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Criteo, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Criteo.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad Network Permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.