At a glance: Tencent Ads, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, operates social media and mobile utility properties in China, and enables marketers to run app install campaigns on:
- WeChat, the company’s mobile communication platform,
- QQ, its instant messaging service,
- QQ Music,
- QQ Browser,
- Myapp, and more.
Setting up Tencent AMS
To activate the integration with Tencent AMS:
- Go to Configuration > Integrated partners.
- Search for Tencent AMS and select it.
- In the Integration tab, turn Activate partner on.
The toggle must be on for as long as you work with the partner.
Learn more about partner activation/deactivation.
Learn more about partner configuration window header.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
Enable View-Through attribution
To enable view-through install attribution, turn this on.
The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Tencent AMS following user installs. This section displays the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
In-app event settings
In this section, you can configure in-app event postbacks that are sent to Tencent AMS.
To configure in-app event postbacks,
- Turn In-app event postback on.
- Set the In-app event postback window, if required (read more about in-app event postback window configuration).
- Click Add event to add an SDK Event to the list.
- Fill in the following parameters in the table below
Parameter name Description SDK event name The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK, or from server-to-server events.
Tip: If you don't see the event you want in the list, activate this event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
Partner event identifier The unique name or ID of each event as defined on the partner's side. Select the most suitable pre-defined event for your SDK event. Sending option Select the sending option for the event:
This partner only for events coming only from users attributed to Tencent AMS.
All sources, including organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner.
Send event data
- No values & no revenue: sends only the event itself without the event value.
- Values & no revenue: sends all the parameters excluding the revenue value.
- Values & revenue: sends all the event parameters, including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
- Click Save Integration.
In this tab, you can create the attribution links you want to send to Tencent AMS for attributing campaigns, ad sets or even single ads. Note that AppsFlyer doesn't save your generated attribution links.
To generate an attribution link:
- Select a parameter from the Parameter name drop-down list and set a value.
- Click Add parameter and repeat the above step to add more parameters.
- Set the duration of the click-through lookback window.
- Set the duration of the view-through lookback window.
- Copy the click/impression attribution link and add it to your campaign on Tencent.
Typical link parameters
|Campaign||c||Add it to compare different campaigns running with Tencent AMS.|
|Adset||af_adset||Set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Tencent AMS campaigns.|
|Ad name||af_ad||Set ad names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific Tencent AMS campaigns.|
Set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
|Subscriber parameters||af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, and af_sub5||
Use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box.
Learn more about the attribution link structure and parameters.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API.
|Geo||Media source||Campaign||Adset||Ad||Site ID|
To enable Tencent cost API:
- In the Cost tab, enable Get Cost Data.
- Log in to Tencent AMS.
- Click Save Cost.
Cost data sync status
The cost tab shows the status of your cost integration and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data.
The table below describes five different status messages, and what to do if you see them in the cost tab.
|Status message||Description||What to do|
|Active||Partner API is responding and returning data.||Nothing|
|Active with sync message "Cost data was never successfully pulled"||One of the following is possible: You just set up the integration and AppsFlyer have yet to pull data. There is no data in AppsFlyer about installs coming from the ad network.||Wait for AppsFlyer to pull data. Start running campaigns with the ad network.|
|No Matching Data||AppsFlyer queries this app's active campaigns with the Partner API, but the partner API isn't returning any data for these campaigns.||This might happen if you change the campaign ID while it is still running. If you rely on cost data, do not change the IDs of campaigns while they are still active and running. Also, make sure you entered the API credentials for the correct app, and that the network is passing the correct campaign IDs on the attribution link.|
|Partner API is not responding||The ad network cost data API is either down or experiencing issues.||Wait for the network API to become responsive.|
|Invalid Credentials||Cost API credentials are incorrect. AppsFlyer in unable to pull cost data.||Make sure that the cost API key is correct.|
Last successful data pull
The cost tab displays the last time cost data was pulled. If cost data has never been pulled, the sync message displays Cost Data was never successfully pulled.
Scenario 1: Stopped campaigns
AppsFlyer pulls cost for several campaigns that you run with ad network A. In the Cost tab, the message Last successful sync 2 hours ago is displayed in the same day you stop running campaigns with ad network A. Two weeks later, the Cost tab displays the message Last successful sync 14 days ago.
Scenario 2: Ad network API issues
AppsFlyer pulls cost for several campaigns that you run with ad network B. The Cost tab displays the message Last successful sync 2 hours ago. Ad network B then experiences issues with their API. It takes them a few hours to fix it. When you look in the cost tab you see the message Last successful sync 8 hours ago.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue integration is not available for Tencent AMS.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Tencent AMS. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Tencent AMS, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Tencent AMS.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow spend ingestion - permit the partner to send ad spend data in files; for this app only.
- Allow access to your Protect360 & Raw data dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.