At a glance: Tencent Ads, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, operates social media and mobile utility properties in China, and enables marketers to run app install campaigns on:
- WeChat, the company’s mobile communication platform,
- QQ, its instant messaging service,
- QQ Music,
- QQ Browser,
- Myapp, and more.
Setting up Tencent AMS
To activate the integration with Tencent AMS:
- Go to Configuration > Integrated partners.
- Search for Tencent AMS and select it.
- In the Integration tab, turn Activate partner on.
The toggle must be on for as long as you work with the partner.
Learn more about partner activation/deactivation.
Learn more about partner configuration window header.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
Enable View-Through attribution
To enable view-through install attribution, turn this on.
The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Tencent AMS following user installs. This section displays the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
In-app event settings
In this section, you can configure in-app event postbacks that are sent to Tencent AMS.
To configure in-app event postbacks,
- Turn In-app event postback on.
- Set the In-app event postback window, if required (read more about in-app event postback window configuration).
- Click Add event to add an SDK Event to the list.
- Fill in the following parameters in the table below
Parameter name Description SDK event name The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK, or from server-to-server events.
Tip: If you don't see the event you want in the list, activate this event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
Partner event identifier The unique name or ID of each event as defined on the partner's side. Select the most suitable pre-defined event for your SDK event. Sending option Select the sending option for the event:
This partner only for events coming only from users attributed to Tencent AMS.
All sources, including organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner.
Send event data
- No values & no revenue: sends only the event itself without the event value.
- Values & no revenue: sends all the parameters excluding the revenue value.
- Values & revenue: sends all the event parameters, including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
- Click Save Integration.
Generate and save attribution links and send them to the partner for attributing specific campaigns, ad sets, or single ads - both for UA and retargeting campaigns. You can use either a single-platform link or a OneLink.
Learn more about attribution link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue integration is not available for Tencent AMS.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Tencent AMS. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Tencent AMS, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Tencent AMS.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow spend ingestion - permit the partner to send ad spend data in files; for this app only.
- Allow access to your Protect360 & Raw data dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.