Liftoff, an AppsFlyer integrated partner, is one of the top contributors of traffic for bloggers and brands. Liftoff offers click-based, view-through mobile attribution, and click-based retargeting which you can record with AppsFlyer.
After accepting Liftoff's terms, accept Liftoff Mobile Measurement Terms & Conditions
To configure your campaigns with Liftoff, follow the steps below.
Setting up Liftoff
- In AppsFlyer, go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- Search for liftoff.
- Click Liftoff.
The Liftoff configuration window opens.
- The configuration window consists of the following tabs:
- Attribution link
Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header.
On the first visit here, Enable Activate Partner to enable setup of the integration tab parameters.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
As an ALL-Installs network, Liftoff prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. It is recommended to select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to Liftoff.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Liftoff. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Liftoff following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to Liftoff.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to Liftoff.
In-app events settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with Liftoff via postbacks.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Fill in the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Liftoff's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Liftoff and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Liftoff.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Liftoff campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Liftoff.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
When enabled, AppsFlyer recognizes a link as a retargeting attribution link, rather than a user acquisition link, by adding the
&is_retargeting=true to the click recording link. Note that retargeting is currently only supported for click-through and not view-through attribution.
Attribution link parameter: is_retargeting.
The following setup below is displayed when retargeting is enabled.
1. Standard Link vs. OneLink
Select standard attribution link option if:
- You don't need to deep link with the URL or
- Plan to use only URI schemes for deep linking
select Use OneLink for:
- Using a single link for both Android and iOS apps or
- Deep linking using Universal or app links
Note that selecting OneLink changes the click recording link from app specific to a OneLink URL.
2. Deep Link URL
Use this field if the link is meant to deep link users to any specific activity within your app.
Attribution link parameter: af_dp
You can find more information about AppsFlyer's Deep Linking solution in this guide.
3. Re-engagement Window
Set the time period following the re-engagement, where the user's in-app events are attributed to the retargeting media source. You can set the value in days (1-90), hours (up to 23), or even lifetime.
Attribution link parameter: af_reengagement_window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Liftoff.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Liftoff to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Liftoff, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Attribution link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to Liftoff to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
AppsFlyer can get cost (ad spend) details directly from Liftoff. Liftoff provides data with the following dimensions: Media Source, campaign, geo, and ad.
Before you begin ensure that you have Liftoff reporting API credentials, to get Liftoff cost data. To get the credentials, contact your Liftoff CSM.
To enable getting cost details from Liftoff:
- In the Cost tab, enable Get Cost Data.
- Complete the API credentials provided by Liftoff. Note: The credentials differ to those of your Liftoff dashboard credentials.
- Test the connection, click Test Connection.
- Ensure that the Cost API Status indicator is Active.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue data is not supported by this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Liftoff. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Liftoff, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Liftoff.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad network permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Use these toggles to give the agency permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Main toggle - Set to On to reveal the agency permissions options
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the agency to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to aggregate organic data
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the agency's own retention data
Learn more about granting agency permissions.