At a glance: Learn about AppsFlyer plans and premium add-on features. See how plan usage and invoices are calculated. Manage your account.
AppsFlyer plans and usage
Every new account begins with a default Welcome plan (after completing the sign-up process). After the welcome plan ends, if you haven't updated your plan and billing information, it will automatically convert to the Zero plan. You can either upgrade to the Growth plan, request a quote to a customized Enterprise plan, or remain in the Zero plan.
Learn more about all included features and compare plans.
Usage, units, and premium features
Payment for your plan is calculated according to your plan usage and premium features.
Each plan is based on measurement of a specific unit. Unit usage is calculated monthly or annually. The number of units used during the plan cycle (month or year) is deducted from the total package units.
You can download usage reports to get detailed information about your unit usage.
Exceeding plan usage
When exceeding the number of units in your plan cycle, extra costs are applied. You can see all costs in the Plan details section. To help prevent exceeding plan usage or reduce extra costs, alerts are sent via the notification center in the following cases:
- Your plan units are being rapidly used
- You're getting close to reaching your allocated units (75% of your plan units)
- You've exceeded the usage of your plan units
You can check with your CSM or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for upgrade options.
Any add-ons you've included in your plan are premium features. For example:
To learn more about these add-ons and their potential benefits for your business, check with your CSM or contact email@example.com.
The different units on which a plan can be based:
|Non-organic installs (NOI)
New app installs attributed to a media source
|Existing users engaging in a retargeting campaign, which leads to app launches
|Former users engaging in a retargeting campaign, which leads to new app installs and app launches
Monthly active users (MAU)
|The number of unique users who opened the app during the invoice month
|Activity dashboard metrics
Any action performed by a user in your app following the install. For example, login, tutorial completed, purchase, and achieved game level.
|Rich in-app events guide
Non-direct web conversions
Any user action on your website that:
|People-Based Attribution (PBA)
Premium add-on units
The units on which additional measured add-ons can be based:
|ROI360 dollar units
|Recorded dollar units of your ad cost, in-app ad revenue, and in-app purchase revenue (including subscriptions), measured by the ROI360 add-on. Each unit represents $1 of the recorded ROI360 measurement.
|ROI360—cost and revenue data
ROI360 dollar units
The ROI360 add-on measures the return on investments of your ad marketing. The add-on package includes a set number of recorded dollar consumption units for ad cost, in-app ad revenue, and in-app purchase revenue (including subscriptions).
- Each unit represents $1 of the recorded ROI360 measurement
- Recorded dollars are presented in USD currency
- When exceeding the package units, extra costs are applied
- Recorded ROI360 data includes:
- Cost data from up to 4 days after the initial cost day
- In-app ads data from up to 3 days after the initial revenue day
- Recorded ROI360 data doesn't include:
- In-app purchases or subscription refunds
- Invalid in-app purchases or subscriptions
Account management page
The page includes 3 tabs: My plan, Payment and invoices, and Billing details. From here you can:
- Review your plan details
- Upgrade your plan
- View and download invoices and reports
- Update your contact and billing information
Only account admins and account users with appropriate permissions can access this page.
To access the Account management page:
- From the top bar, open the account menu (email address dropdown) > Account management.
From the My plan tab, you can see the details of your current plan, review plan usage, and upgrade your plan.
|Includes details that differ by plan, such as those listed below:
|A list of the features included in your plan
|Shows the unit usage in your plan, since the last update (UTC). You can view and download usage reports to get aggregated data on unit usage.
Note: Your invoice payment depends on the number of units used and the add-ons included according to your plan.
|Add-ons included in your plan and their start/end dates. These are premium features, for example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|This section appears only when a future plan has been purchased. If this is the case, you'll see details on your next plan here.
The Usage Report page shows your billable conversions in real-time. From this page, you can:
- Filter data by dates, apps, media sources, conversion sources, and conversion types.
- Download a report according to the selected filters.
Access to the Usage Report page
- Only account admins and account users with the following permissions can access the Usage Report page:
- Access the Account management page
- Access to all apps, media sources, and geos
To access the Usage Report page:
- From the Account management page > My Plan, click Usage report on the top-right.
Usage report isn't supported for the Monthly Active User (MAU) plan.
Data included in the usage report
- The data shown in the report may be complete or partial, depending on the current day of the month and the selected date range:
Complete/Partial Current day of the month Selected date range Complete 10th and onwards Previous month Partial Between 1st-9th Previous month Partial Any day of the month
- All data in the report is aggregated and includes billable conversions only. Non-chargeable conversions, such as organic installs and fraud aren’t included.
- A pie chart presents the breakdown of the billable data by conversion type, based on the selected filters.
- By default, the date range shows data from the 1st of the current month to the present day. You can change this by selecting different dates from the filter at the top of the table.
- Data in the report is retained for 24 months.
- Usage reports and invoices are calculated based on the UTC+0 time zone. As a result, there may be slight discrepancies between usage reports and the data reported on dashboards, Cohort reports, and other aggregated reports
- Data in the usage report remains non-transparent whether or not Allow transparency is turned on, meaning they show the agency name and not the attributed media source
Usage report fields
|AppsFlyer account or subaccount name
|App ID from the relevant app store -or- Bundle ID from AppsFlyer People-Based Attribution
|App or bundle name as identified in AppsFlyer
|The media source to which the conversions were attributed.
Note: When a media source uses an agency, the agency name appears and not the media source, regardless of the Allow transparency toggle state.
|Source of aggregate attribution data. Possible values include:
Type of attributed conversions. Possible unit values include:
The Conversion type field is not populated for Protect360 - post attribution conversions.
The number of conversions for which your account is charged.
Download a usage report
- From the My plan tab, click Usage report.
- Select the date range and any other filters.
- Click Download from the top of the table. The file is downloaded in CSV format.
The downloaded file reflects the data displayed on the page, considering:
- Applied filters: The usage report aligns with the selected filters.
- Completeness: The report may be partial, depending on the current day of the month and the chosen date range.
The status of your account is shown at the top left of the Account management page. The possible statuses are:
|All Welcome and Zero plans
|Don't require a payment method
|Growth and Enterprise plans with a valid payment method and no overdue invoices
An account with one or more overdue invoices. After 30 days of unpaid invoices, the account becomes suspended.
You can regain Active status by making invoice payments
|An account with overdue invoices over 30 days.
|You don't have access to your account except for the payment section.
You can regain access and regain Active status by making invoice payments
Upgrade, downgrade, or delete an account
You can request an account upgrade directly through the Upgrade plan button on the top-right of the Account management page.
To delete or downgrade an account, contact your CSM or send an email to email@example.com.
Payments and invoices
Access the Payments tab and invoices to:
- Check invoice details and payment status
- Download invoices (PDF)
- Update payment method for Growth and custom Enterprise plans: Wire transfer or credit card
The Payments and invoices tab is available only for plans that require payment (plans other than Welcome or Zero).
In this section, you can see the selected method of payment. You'll also see any payment issues, such as an expired or invalid credit card or when payment wasn't sent by wire transfer.
Credit card: Payment will be charged automatically each month
Note: Your credit card won't be charged in the following cases:
- You have a prepayment plan
- Your account has a credit balance
- Payment was made by wire transfer
- There's an open billing issue
- Wire transfer: You must initiate payment manually each month
To update your payment method:
- Click Update payment.
- From the payment details dialog that opens:
- For payment by credit card: Enter the necessary details, and click Register Credit Card.
- For payment by wire transfer: Enter the billing details, and click Save.
In this section, you can see paid and unpaid invoices, download them, and pay overdue invoices. Monthly invoices are issued after the first week of every month.
|Invoice reference number
Invoice amount. Currency type and payment details are set at sign-up
Invoice date of issue. For Growth and custom Enterprise plans, this occurs from the first week of every month
Last date for invoice payment
Paid, Due, or Overdue
Click View to open an invoice in PDF format
Pay overdue invoices
Regardless of your regular payment method, you can pay overdue invoices by credit card without the credit card details being saved. Paying for accounts with the status Pending suspension and Suspended regains the Active status.
- From the list of invoices under the Unpaid section, select one or more unpaid invoices.
- Click Pay by credit card.
- Enter card details and click Submit payment.
- View your payment confirmation.
- If payment is successful, click Back to Payment and invoices. If a payment fails, review the error message under the Status column and act accordingly.
Company billing details
When choosing a Growth or custom Enterprise plan, you must provide company billing information. This information can be updated at any time. For generating an invoice, you must provide company billing details, and at least one billing contact.
To add or update Company billing details:
- Enter or update your billing details, and click Save billing details.
- Read the legal terms and accept them by marking the checkbox.
- Click Submit. A popup message indicates if the changes were saved successfully.
- If you change the company name or address, then AppsFlyer legal terms appear and must be accepted. If there are any issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there is missing or invalid information, the billing details won't be saved. For example:
- If the company tax number is required by your country, it must be entered in the correct format.
- The postal code (ZIP code) must match the selected location.
Act as a focal point to receive invoices and for communications regarding any payment issues.
To add or update Billing contacts:
- Click Add contact and enter the required details or make changes to a current contact.
- Click Save billing details. Make sure to have There must be at least one billing contact.
- A popup message indicates if the changes were saved successfully.
There must be at least one contact person, and they don't need to be an admin user.
|Company billing details
Enter the required contact details:
Company tax number
Certain countries, listed in the table below, require us to record your company tax number and add VAT to your invoices. If your company is in one of these countries, you must provide your company tax number in the correct format of the country. Otherwise, your billing details won't be saved.
Countries requiring company tax number
|Additional information on tax-related requirements
|GST/HST program account number
|VAT Information Exchange System (VIES)
|Israeli VAT registration
Conversion measurement options for iOS app billing
Since the introduction of iOS 14.5, AppsFlyer offers two possible methods to determine campaign performance and attribution for iOS apps:
- Single Source of Truth (SSOT): If you have turned on SSOT in your AppsFlyer account, this method will automatically be used for billing.
If you haven't turned on SSOT: AppsFlyer runs a side-by-side comparison of the number of daily conversions measured by SKAdNetwork and those measured by our privacy-centric RTA (real-time attribution) for each media source. These two methods run independently and in parallel. The higher of the two numbers is taken into account for billing. This ensures that you're never charged twice for a conversion event.
Learn more about AppsFlyer iOS billing policy.