At a glance: The Trade Desk, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, uses its enhanced mobile advertising solution to cultivate strategic, scalable, and smart campaigns to meet the needs of cross-device users. The Trade Desk offers click-based mobile attribution, view-through mobile attribution, and click-based retargeting, all of which can be recorded through AppsFlyer.
Setting up the Trade Desk
- In AppsFlyer, go to Configuration > Integrated partners.
- In the search field, Enter The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk logo displays.
- Click The Trade Desk logo.
The Trade desk configuration page opens.
The Trade Desk configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
On the first visit, you will need to toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
As an ALL-Installs network, The Trade Desk prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. It is recommended to select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to The Trade Desk.
The Trade Desk connects with AppsFlyer via a unique network ID and password. If you don't already have the advertiserid and Tracker_ID, you must obtain it from The Trade Desk to continue with the integration.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from The Trade Desk. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to The Trade Desk following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to The Trade Desk.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to The Trade Desk.
In-app events settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with The Trade Desk via postbacks.
- Enter the advertiser id and Tracker_ID again.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON.
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK-defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list.
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on The Trade Desk's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from The Trade Desk and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
More about attribution link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
Cost integration is not available for The Trade Desk.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue is not available for The Trade Desk.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant The Trade Desk, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for The Trade Desk, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to The Trade Desk.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad network permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.