Snapchat, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, is a Self-Reporting Network (SRN), so unlike most of the media sources, you can't track mobile installs from it using any tracking links. Instead, AppsFlyer's deep integration with Snapchat delivers all your mobile attribution data from Snapchat, once the quick setup is completed.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Snapchat also offers cost and view-through attribution, which you can track with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with Snapchat, follow the steps below.
Setting Up Snapchat
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Snapchat" in the search field and click on its logo to open the Snapchat configuration window.
Accept the Terms and Conditions for Mobile App Conversion Tracking and click Accept.
The Snapchat configuration window includes 4 tabs: Integration, Tracking link, Data enrichment and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Snapchat. The view-through lookback slider is available on the tracking link tab (described below).
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Snapchat.
Tracking link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click Tracking Link
This is the tracking link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Snapchat to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-Through Attribution Lookback Window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Snapchat, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Tracking link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions Tracking Link
The impression tracking link contains similar attribution data to the click tracking link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to Snapchat to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
In-App Events Settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with Snapchat via postbacks.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Snapchat's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Snapchat and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Tracking Link Tab
For all SRNs, such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Snapchat etc. this tab is not functional, as they do not use external tracking links.
Data Enrichment Tab
1. Click the Cost tab to configure the cost with Snapchat.
2. Click Snapchat Cost to activate cost integration.
3. The Snapchat login window opens:
4. Login with your snapchat user name and password.
5. Return to the AppsFlyer dashboard and click Save.
When setting up your campaign, ensure your campaign is per-platform - either iOS or Android - not both, otherwise you see the cost of both platforms.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Snapchat, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Snapchat, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Snapchat.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad Network Permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Setting Up Snapchat for Agencies
Agency Snapchat tracking setup is similar to that of the advertiser.
To complete the setup, two steps are required:
1. The advertiser client MUST select Enable Attribution from the advertiser's dashboard.
2. On the agency's dashboard, on the Snapchat configuration page, the Snapchat account ID text area is enabled as seen below. Agencies can enter up to 10 different Snapchat account IDs in the text area. All consequent attribution data coming from those accounts is visible only under the agency's dashboard afterwards.
Snapchat account IDs MUST NOT be shared between the advertiser or the agency. If they are shared then ALL the advertiser's installs are automatically attributed on the agency's dashboard.